I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Monkey Magic!

It's great news everyone! Monkey is coming back!

Now I know I normally chat about shows that are on or just about to hit our screens but I've just found this article in the Times Online and I've been thrown back to the days of my youth.

As kids, my siblings and I used to gather round the TV to watch Monkey on his magical journey with his companions The Priest, Pigsy and the Water Monster to retrieve statues from a Buddhist monastery.

Now I have to admit that as a child, I didn't really undestand what was going on I only really remember the stupid monsters, corny jokes, idiotic fight scenes and barely passable special effects. Our household favourie was the flying cloud! Those were the days!

My mom loved the programme too because it was one of very few times she was free from screaming rampaging kids.

It's being remade and brought up to date. No doubt there will be major changes but I hope they will at least keep the sense of humour that was such a hit with old and young alike.

:)x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

even this one hasn't had a post for a month - where are you ????

whyioughtta said...

Yes, we miss you. Come back to us.