I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Face Cream

Now, to state the obvious, everyone has to advertise their wares. It's a very necessary part of business but when they get on the telly and start telling me what I can afford it's a sure way to put me off the ad, the company and the product.

The one that gets on my wick the most for this is the one for a certain face cream with a certain Celebrity Beauty Editor.

There she is living and working the world of celeb, full of people well known these days more for scandals than for any talent or ability. All the public hears about is lavish lifestyles, spent shopping, partying, swearing at paparazzi and giving their kids daft names. They attend every premier, launch, concert, and award ceremony to not only mop up the free food, drink and publicity but goodie bags stuffed with all sorts of exclusive jewelly, clothes, shoes, gadgets, and modes of transport. This is in addition to the astronomical fees for films, commercials, PAs and opening the local Co-op.

So this is where I'm coming from. I'm being told this about celebs all the time. "The must have for this season is this blue bag made out of tissue paper that you may be able to fit the ring from your left hand little finger (and remember the ring must be made of green salami with purple mushrooms). It's a steal at only 500 squid."

Mmmmm yes, that's why you miss editor would think nothing of buying a face cream for £20. Well Honey! That may not be a celebrity price tag to you but to me (pauper that I am) that's a hell of a lot of money for something that's probably only gonna last me a few weeks. For that kind of mula I'd expect the jar to have the very finest diamonique stones embedded in the lettering.

I think I'll stick with me £3 bottle of stuff that keeps me skin the beautiful, soft and shine free!

Ok Rant over!

Peace Ya'll

:)x

No comments: