I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Monday, July 10, 2006

Dr Who

I have loved the new Dr Who almost from the very first show.

But this last story, espcially the second part was absolutley superb!!!

For all you doubters out there, trust me ... you would be wise to get hold of both series one and two.

The growth in characters, stories, special effects etc is positively heart warming.

Whilst Christopher Ecclestone's Dr was manic and a bit scarey (in a nice way). David Tennants' Dr is witty with glimses of a dark almost menacing undercurrent.

The whole relationship with his assistant Rose made facinating viewing. I was mightily pleased that the writer/s finally sorted out her mom and spruced up her former boyfriend Mickey! I am also happy with the effects as they are i.e. that kind of almost man in a funny suit quality mixed with low budget CGI. That's what Dr Who is all about, please don't go all Matrix on us auntie Beeb!

My verdict on the show then ... Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!

I cannot wait for the Christmas Special and the new season.

Peace ya'll

:)x

No comments: