I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Internet is like a series of tubes OK?

Warning!!! This post is not about a tv programme, well not in the usual sense of my posts here.

I just discovered (a few weeks after the whole of America) the definitive explanation of what the internet is. Now you may wonder why it would concern me but what I've not made clear on here is that my job involves working in IT and one of the questions I sometimes get asked by computing novices is "what is the internet?". Until now I had used stock phrases like "the information superhighway" or "lots of pages of information" or "cyberspace where anyone has the potential to interact with anyone from any part of the world" blahdee blahdee blah.

However, whilst finally catching up with some of my favourite blogs I came across this article on Wired News - "MySpace Kills Internet Tube Song".

Finally, at last and forever I have a way of explaining to all those novices out there what the internet is and even better Jon Stewart from the Daily Show put it all into a neat little package

Internet is a series of tubes - The Daily Show

Thank you Jon, thank you senator. We can all rest easy now.

Peace Ya'll

:)x

No comments: