I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Friday, November 17, 2006

First Direct

I know this is a tv blog but I just have to say...

So a bank has finally owned up to only really being interested in grabbing as much money from it's customers as possible.

The crux of the matter is they're not interested in low paid workers, those on benefits or poorer pensioners. Banks are only interested in people who have money. Introducing these charges is one way of shaking off those people who clearly don't have money or at least making them pay even more for the priviledge of using bank services. Bear in mind here that people on benefits and pensioners have been forced to have a bank account because of changes, brought about by the government, in the way payments are made.

Some may say that it's only £10 a month. Well that's £10 a month way too much in my opinion given the amount of money banks make. There are ways around this charge, for example at the moment there's a loophole whereby opening a savings account and leaving £1 will qualify you for an exemption. How long this will remain is anyone's guess.

My personal opinion is I'm appalled! Personally, I hope thousands upon thousands of people switch. If we don't vote with out feet after this, it won't be long before other banks follow suit.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1163615939,30407,#what

:)x

No comments: