I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Friday, April 13, 2007

Knock, knock ....... Dr Who's there!

Dr Who is back - YIPPEE!!!

I know it's taken me two weeks to say this but I just had to. So far this season has proved to be pretty darn good. I loved the galactic rhinoish police in the first epsiode and I loved Shakespeare in the second. Tomorrow, we see episode three and it's looking like it will most definitely live upto or even raise the standard. I can't wait - Woooohoooo!!!

Now to be selfish (or is that pretentious or maybe precious). I'm not sure about the popularity. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for the writers and the actors. It must surely help with the budget. But for me it feels like a lovely secret little club has been broken into and raided. Everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon and the select few are now having to share out the goodies to loads of people who don't really understand the subtleties in the story lines, the little references to previous episodes, the overarching theme/s, etc etc, etc.

All these new people.... they just don't get it. Preferring to tune in because the Dr is kinda cool and his side kick is kinda hot and the baddies are kinda naughty. Oh hold on, aren't these some of the reasons why I tune in???

Right, ahem, ok!

The Dr's back, the Dr's back, the Dr's back!!!!!

Peace ya'll!

:)x

For those of you who want to keep up with more news on the Dr, try these sites...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

http://www.gallifreyone.com/

No comments: