I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Friday, April 13, 2007

Tracey, Joanne and the Mortons

So, we finally got through the trial of Tracey Barlow in Coronation St and not a moment too soon if you ask me. She's been sent down, Tracey "luv" is now in clink and for life. Please, please, please writers, make it for life!?!

I could not stand anymore of her leading on that nasty little boy despite the fact that he deserves it. Enough already of that smug look he walks around with plastered all over his adolescent little mush! I could not stand Tracey blaming everyone (especially her mother) for her predicament. I could not stand her mom chain smoking one minute and having a panic attack the next. I could not stand Ken standing around going "are you alright?" every two seconds. Alright, alright??? Talk about asking a silly question!

The one storyline that upset me mightily is about our Joanne. Bad enough they unceremoniously got rid of her twin sister. They were a brilliant double act, it was a crime to break them up but now we find out that the remaining sister is an illegal immigrant!

Only a few black faces in the street. One is a dodgy taxi cab owner with a flakey past, the other is wrongly convicted of theft after we conveniently find out she has a criminal history so who cares about trying to clear her name and now we find that Jo is guilty of one of the most heinous crimes known to readers of a certain section of the British press - she's an illegal!!!

Shame on you Corro's!!!

Let's not forget the new family on the Street. Why oh why are new families in British soaps always made up a collection of "scallies"? What is so clever about showing how they go around scamming as many people as possible? In the first two weeks we had the grandad teaching his granddaughter how to diddle our "hapless Asian corner shop" owner out of £20 and the father skanking a cut price sign for his chippie.

I know it's a soap but purleeeese, give me a break!!!!

Peace ya'll!!!

:)x

No comments: