I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Masterchef Goes Large

Nothing at all like the previous incarnation. No red or blue kitchen. No Lloyd Grossman and guest chef discussing whatever up the corner. No annoying wandering around the contestants just when they are at the height of panic stations asking stupid questions like "and what are you planning to do with the stock?" (Errr how about leaving the kitchen before you find out in a not so polite way???!!)

Nope, Masterchef has gone large. The would be chefs are out of the studio for part of the show and thrown in at the deep end in a real live working kitchen. The judges consider all kinds of things not just how fancy the presented recipies are. The contestants are really encouraged to think long and hard about the why, what, how and when.

I'm sure I've missed the whole competition for this year but I seem to keep bumping into episodes when surfing the tv and then that's me, happily hooked for the next 30 minutes or so.

It's a new and improved recipe! Well done Aunty Beeb!!!

:)x

No comments: