I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Nip / Tuck

Now I remember when this programme was first being advertised.

I would roll my eyes and sigh heavily. Oh no what a stupid idea for a programme. It's just going to feed into this stupid trend for plastic surgery, artificiality, big boobs, lips and everything else. If you don't look a particular way, you're not a valid person. Only the west's idea of blonde, boobs, no waist, pouty lips, no brain and long hair counts. Empty, superficiallity wrapped up with liberal lashings of lasciviousness (if you get my drift).

Well I was wrong. I know!!! It's a shocker but I admit - I was wrong. I have been hooked by this programme. The beautiful people are not really so beautiful (ok so we all know this was going to be a part of the show) but there's so much more. There's a lot of stuff in there about consequences. It's chock full of modern day morality tales (and I always love a bit of morality).

I'm not even going to attempt to explain some of the stories, you have to watch the show. I warn you though, it makes more sense if you've seen it from the beginning, you get totally into each character and their relationship to each other.

Let me flash a warning here, it's not one for the kids. No children allowed (I don't care how progressive a parent you are)!

At times it's a bit gruesome, for example they did a face transplant this week- the poor girl ended up with no face. Trust me, it's a good show. Ok there are "lashings of lasciviousness" too but it's not as liberal as I thought it would be - cue huge sex scene next week to my embarrasment.

;)x

Oh and of course I'm totally crushing over Sean and Christian (sigh... it looks like this girl will never grow up - LOL).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You watch too much TV!

NML/Natalie said...

I love Nip Tuck and also got into it late. It comes on at a rubbish time on C4 as I always fall asleep for the second one!

Mia said...

T&H - Why thank you. Seasons greetings to you too :)x

TW - Duh!!! Did you not read my profile?!? ;)x

NML - I've watched it from the beginning, despite my reservations. I got hooked within the first two shows. The rubbish programming times on terrestrial TV is why I'd not give up cable. Sky One has it about right for shows like this. I've got to say it again - the boys are sooooo cute :)x