I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Monday, December 19, 2005

Shayne wins British X-Factor 2005

My heartiest congratulations to Shayne who went on to win the British X-Factor 2005. Unfortunately it was not a real surprise. The British public has once again voted for the kind of boy next door/boy band type.

Journey South were not really likely to win. In fact they were not likely finalists so I say good on you lads. You grew throughout the competition and on the night you were worthy competitors.

It was a close call for second place finalist Andy (he lost out by just over 1% of the vote) but I think poor performances over the last few weeks did him no favour. Andy gave his all and pulled out some outstanding performances, especially "When a Man Loves a Woman" and "Me and Mrs Jones". He really stepped up during the final and proved he can sing with real passion, moving away a little from the easy going Andy we've all come to know. Well done you!

In my heart I wanted Andy to win but once Shayne sang "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" the game was truly over. Shayne's rendition of "Somewhere... " was superb! Hairs standing on the back of your neck stuff! The youngster can sing. Of course the fact that his looks are very, very easy on the eye helped massively. I hope he realises that this first year is not about making money for him but for the record company. He needs to enjoy the ride get as much exposure as possible but be prepared to really put in the serious work now the limelight of a weekly show on prime time TV has gone. The winner/s in these types of programmes are the TV and record companies.

I don't like the winner's song much. It's ok but very much something that's great for on the night of the win, as a song for general release I think it's pretty poor. I look forward to hearing these guys do some real stuff, provided all the touring doesn't wear them out first.

As for me personally, I'm looking out for albums by Andy and Brenda!

:)x

2 comments:

NML/Natalie said...

Much as I fancy the arse off Shayne, those last two songs he did, to my ears sounded shite, whereas all 3 of Andy's songs were outstanding. I voted for Andy 7 times and I was gutted when he didn't win but I suspected that Shayne would win and I don't mind seeing some totty around ;-)

Mia said...

Yeah, I voted five times for Andy and so did the other girls with me.

Oh well, I suppose someone had to win. Just a shame it was pretty much a done deal from the start.