I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Thursday, November 23, 2006

X Factor 2006

Well I've not mentioned The X Factor but I have been watching it all these weeks.

I can say that I am getting pretty tired of the show now. A very long time ago I realised that it wasn't about talent or real ability. The show has been about a good Saturday night laugh and having a tear jerker of a back story all set to an occasional song.

These days it's so transparent, it's all about ego's. I'm not talking about the ego's of would be stars, they've been relegated to the sidelines. It's all about the judges. Who can outsmart who. Who can come up with the wittiest and most cutting remark. Who can force who to do the dirty on their own artists. It's not big, it's not clever and it's not nice to watch.

Those poor contestants have to stand there whilst judges are gloating over the fact that another judge is about to lose an act. Well those acts happen to be people who are desperate to get into (the nasty, horrible) showbiz (world). But in the hands of the judges they're just weapons of mass destruction.

I really don't care that Simon wasn't in the country with his act last week. At least I didn't after the 3rd, 4th, 5th time that Louie repeated it. Change the record please!!!!

As for the standard of the contestants, it's poor. Some are ok but there are much much better out there. I'm not even going to mention the two brothers grim. I'm sure they are really nice lads, they seem friendly enough but let's just say I don't see how they got onto national telly. If they get into the final, well what a shambolic programme! Come on be honest, would you seriously buy McDonald Bro's single, never mind an album??? Oh ooops! I said I wasn't going to mention them.

I can see why Simon made the decision he did last week. It just reflects the state of the music industry in this country. The industry would pick four, quirky, amiable lads from Liverpool over a very competent solo singer. It's a no brainer. Simon did what most record execs would do, just as he did the week before when picking the babyfaced, easy to sell, lad, who's a performer over the not so experienced and would need a bit more nuturing but promising singer! It's a sad sad fact of life in the music business. It's not fair or right but it's showbusiness on this small island of ours.

Right at about now I can't help but hope that this is the last we'll see of The X Factor. As it's a bit of a money spinner, I can't see that being likely.

Peace Ya'll

:)x

Oh and good luck to the remaining contestants.

No comments: