I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dancing on Ice - John B not happy?

I hear that there's been a bit of boohooing into the press about John being voted out on Saturday. Whether he really said some of that stuff or not I don't know. My opinion (not that anyone's asking but you're gonna get it anyways) is that it was the right choice on the night.

Now I have to say he and Bonny are (or were) the best skaters in the competition BUT and this is a really big Beyonce/J Lo stylee BUT on the night, when it counted in the skate off, he was worse than Stephan. How that could be, I don't understand. Especially since John compared to Stephan in the past was like comparing an overnight stay at a youth hostel to a stay at a five star hotel. There was just no comparison. However, for some reason on Saturday, the intricacies of Stephan's footwork, his confidence and his connection to his partner was better than John.

The only thing I agree with is that John should not have been in the bottom two in the first place. There were easily worse performances that night by other contestants (David to name but one) but the Great British Public did not seem to vote in enough numbers to keep him out of the bottom two. It was a shame. I was pretty certain he would at least make it to the final, if not win but that seems to be the nature of these kinds of competitions. The better you are, the more likely you are not to win.

Never mind John. We still loves ya and don't forget at least two of the judges said you could get professional ice show work with the level of skill you've already displayed. Now that's gotta be a good thing!

:)x

No comments: