I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

American Idol

Yay! American Idol is back!

ITV2 started with a marathon 2 1/2 hours of AI on Saturday. Randy was his usual piggy in the middle self, Paula and Simon argued, Ryan made stupid jokes and the contestants did what they do best (or not).

Normally I don't laugh too much because there are some people who really have a dream and end up just being humiliated. But Saturday's show was full of moments. The bloke dressed up in a baby doll dress with pig tails and the bloke dressed as the Statue of Liberty got short thrift. The first auditionee got the chance to come back even though he was atrocious. Then there was the guy who's grandmother said listening to him sing always made her cry - well when he opened his mouth we could see why (eww). Finally, let's not forget the deputy (yes a proper policeman - in uniform) who sang "I shot the Sheriff but I did not Shoot the deputy". No it's not me not knowing the song title, that's all he sang over and over and over and over!

They found some great singers though, three sets of twins for a start. It will be interesting to see who gets through to the top 12 or so.

The circus has come back to town!

:)x

No comments: