I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Celebrity Big Brother - Goodbye George and Dennis

So they've gone! The two giants of the CBB house left last night to boos and hisses.

George was convinced he had achieved his aim to speak to millions instead of hundreds or thousands and to be fair he had, only not in the way he planned. As Davina pointed out, he wanted to reach the youth of this country in an attempt to get them interested in politics but during his time in the house he succeeded in alienating himself from the youngsters. He was a PR disaster. An advertising agency nightmare. A marketing flop. George, you would probably have done better if you'd kept your mouth shut and stayed at home.

Dennis couldn't understand how come Chantelle is still in the house and seems to be doing well as she is not a celebrity. Let me explain it like this for you. The public vote to keep housemates in the house based on their performance/behaviour in the house. It doesn't matter how many women you've slept with, how many baskets you've scored, how much money is in your bank account or how many people in the world know you, we don't care, it's in the past. What counts is what you're like in the house. Your previous performances don't count. It's like expecting a coach to pick someone for a basketball team based on their performance in the Kindergarten Nativity play. Kindergarten happened in the past. You're picked for the team based on current form.

For the vast majority of people watching the show, Chantelle has been much more likeable hence she's stayed. Yes, you maybe more famous but that's not what people are voting on. Maybe someone should have explained that to you before you signed up.

All the best to the long stayers! We''ll know who wins tomorrow.

:)x

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

Jaysus, I can't stand Chantelle. I don't think she's particularly nice at all. I have to say that I found Dennis to be an entertaining housemate and was gutted to see him leave the house. I think that Chantelle represents everything that is wrong with our attitude to celebrity, but then again, so do half the people in that house. I think she actually thinks that she will be a massive star or something when she leaves the house, but I am 99.9% certain she won't be!