I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Celebrity Big Brother


Yes it’s back! The one we’ve all been waiting for! It’s Celebrity Big Brother… yippee!!!

Don’t groan, it’s not as bad as all that, it’s much worse. Now let’s see who’s in the Big Brother house this year…

Michael Barrymore (former comedian)
Jodie Marsh (former glamour girl)
Dennis Rodman (former NBA star)
Traci Bingham (former Baywatch babe)
Pete burns (former lead singer of Dead or Alive)
Maggot (Goldee Looking Chain band member)
Preston (Ordinary Boys band member)
Rula Lenska (actress)
George Galloway (MP for Respect party)
Faria Alam (former FA employee of the month – not!)

Finally, my favorite, lead singer of “Kandyfloss” (with a K) the fabulous the girl band who hit the charts with their song “I want it right now” known as Chantelle!

Yep, Chantelle herself!!!

Well don’t worry if you haven’t heard of her or the band because they’re not real. That is the band isn’t real but Chantelle’s real. She’s just great, a little gem. Her task is to go into the house with all the celebrities and convince them that she’s famous.

So far she’s doing very well with only Preston suspecting her of being a fake. She’s even gone so far as to flirt with Dennis pretty outrageously. I’m full of admiration for that girl. She’s really held her head up and not allowed herself to be over-awed by the famous faces that she’s met over the last few days. She even learned her song to perform during a “Show and Tell” task for all the housemates.

Now let’s look at the other housemates don’t you think Jodie Marsh has ‘glow in the dark teeth’? Hey, take it from a woman who’s had her teeth bleached – only because I fell down a flight of stairs and killed the root in my front tooth - her teeth are bright. Maybe it’s the contrast of from her really deep tan and to be fair Jodie admitted she’s had hers’ done (and I’m still talking about teeth here) but they are lighthouse bright. If there were a power cut, she would be found with no problem. Now that’s not my cue to start slagging her off she’s had enough of that and I’m not jumping on that bandwagon, I’m just not that kind of girl – er, I mean, well you know what I mean. She strikes me as a nice girl, a bit confused because as George Galloway pointed out to Barrymore Celebs complaining about the press is like a ship’s captain complaining about the sea. (a classic quote from Enoch Powell, everybody’s favorite philosopher)

I felt sorry for Jodie when Dennis told her to ‘suck it up’ when she complained to him about how she’s treated by the press. The poor girl started crying she’s so fragile. He’s right though, it’s a bad world out there not fair at all and she does need to toughen up (easy for me to say I know ‘cause my bosom has never been described as like a pair of dog’s saggy ears, though I’ve had many an unsavoury description of my body even from my own family).

To stay with Dennis he’s described everything as weird after running from Traci as soon as he entered the house, looking at Pete like he was something from Mars and wearing socks with sandals. His pronouncement of weirdness cracked me up expecially as it was coming from a man who’s worn a sarong (for real) and wedding dress (for a publicity stunt). Dennis is just a hound dog. It will be interesting to see how (long) the British public will accept him.

Michael Barrymore worries me. He is still obviously very fragile. I hope this experience doesn’t cause more damage. That’s all I’m sayin’

As for George Galloway well…I reserve my opinon on him.

Traci is so American. Pete is growing on me. I love Rula, Maggot and Preston, they seem to be the most grounded, honest and down to earth of the Housemates.

Faria just seems deeply unhappy, I think she needs therapy.

Some of my favorite moments so far are

Pete’s Gorilla hair coat
Chantelle asking “What’s a Gynaecologist?”
Dennis Rodman running away from Traci as soon as he entered the house

UPDATE:

Chantelle passed the task! I am just lovin’ this girl and to their credit so do the celebs. They discovered tonight that she’s not “one of them”. They all gave her big hugs, that I hope are for real, and congratulations.

It looks like she’s been accepted but then again it’s Big Brother house, we’ll have to wait and see how long all this harmony lasts.

:)x

2 comments:

NML/Natalie said...

OMG! Jodie is clearly upset about Chantelle's revelation and has been having a few digs at her about it. Dennis is my absolute favourite as I love the way he takes the piss out of Tracy. I actually like all of the housemates bar Chantelle who is starting to grate on me a little. Jodie's nose, teeth, and spaniels ears are hilarious! I *love* Celeb BB!

Mia said...

It's certainly shaping up to be an interesting one this year.