I'm a grown woman and I watch way too much TV. As a child I was always being told off for lying around staring at the goggle (not google) box. Well I thought I'd do something about all that TV watchin' hence we have this blog. Now some might say some of the things I've got to say are a bit unfair but who cares when All Publicity is Good Publicity..... Peace Ya'll :)x

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Max and Paddy The Power of Two


Since it's still just about January I can still say it's the New Year! Being as we're now three weeks into the year this is where those resolutions start to stand or (more likely) fall. I didn't make a resolution (I don't believe in them) but I have decided it's about time I stopped living such a sedentary life and started putting a bit of effort into looking after myself.

With these thoughts swimming round my mind, I was highly amused to notice the glut of keep fit and workout dvd's being pushed on TV recently. We had all sorts of A - Z listers pushing their latest productions. Most of them might have been present when the videos were filmed but I doubt they'd even met the trainers before never mind been using that particular workout for any length of time. Is it me being cynical? Maybe.

To be fair some of the contenders like Jade Goody, Davina, last years Big Brother winner Anthony and Ulrika Johnson have obvioulsy been training. I still found it funny watching them swinging their arms, flashing their teeth and breathing heavily as they tried to encourage us to spend that Christmas voucher. The one that really got me wondering though was Max and Paddy The Power of Two.

I saw the ad a good few times before I believed that it was for real. It just seemed strange to me that two characters from a programme called "The Road to Nowhere" were pushing people to get up off their bums and workout. I was relieved to see they had changed the title. "The Road to Nowhere" is not exactly motivational is it?

The DVD looks fun and a novel idea getting two such comedic characters to get you through an exercise routine. It looks about my level too, maybe not overly strenuous but full of laughs. The Brian Potter Workout Live from the Phoenix Club must surely be something worth seeing.

So come on people. Someone out there must have bought it. I think it's your duty to share your experiences with Max and Paddy. I checked out the reviews on Amazon where the majority seem to love it but just for my own curiosity has anyone out there taken the plunge? Tell us what you really think

;)x

No comments: